Monday, December 7, 2015

Gone Girl... Go on Girl

I've been making a solid effort to read more. Interestingly enough, as a child, I've always loved writing but hated reading books. I mean hated them. I think the reason was because my reading comprehension was bad, child who has HD-ADD (ADD in High Def) bad. Attention deficit that's so bad I couldn't even concentrate enough to pay attention to the directions of a Hungry Man meal bad (like I said I'm a portly fella and when it comes to food...). I really wanted to like reading but for some reason my mind would wander and it was a hopeless cause.

Fast forward almost 20 years later. I now have the patience and the ADD-ish tendencies have subsided a great deal. I can finally read directions, read magazine articles, an occasional short story, I'm sure you get the gist. I have started to grow a fondness for reading. Mind blowing to the old-self. Because of this, I thought I would give my take on a book I read, Gone Girl. I know, I know, but it's a movie right? This is the first time I can honestly say I read the book and don't want to watch the movie.

So here it is, the lesson I received from this book. SPOILER ALERT! Well, sort of. Never cheat on a psycho bitch. You never know what the bitch might do. Shit, you might even have to live with her the rest of your days because she's so fucking crazy. 

Very anti-climactic like the book. That small review sums up the whole book. Forgive me if I was being a bit too explicit but I think the emphasis was needed. That's pretty much how I felt after reading it and I am now mad for wasting two weeks on that garbage. Tell me. What did you think of this book or movie? Does my short synopsis pretty much characterize the book?

I appreciate any and all comments. As always, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

THE CONFUZED AZIAN



Just a quick reminder, if you like what you read and want more from me, just look to the top right. Add me to one or all of your social media outlets. Me likey some stalkers. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment